wireless networksis often fraught with challenges like congestion, fluctuations in bandwidth, high signal interference. Varying distances between network nodes further affect the streamed
video quality, making it inconsistent and unreliable.
So, how does one counter this?
802.11nor higher standards.
- Operate in the 5GHz frequency band.
- Use non-overlapping channels for the adjacent access points.
- Use access points, routers and end-points equipped with omni directional antennas.
- Have all devices supporting
MIMO, enabling more than one spatial streams.
- Configure transmission data rate to a value one lower than the max defaults.
- Configure antenna power level range to have the min power one higher than the default min.
- Configuring WMM appropriately in the access points.
- Use a 0.4μs guard interval.