ClearRecord – Noise Free Recorder with Play Speed Control
ClearRecord brings the unique feature of suppressing Ambient Noise, inadvertently captured while recording. Using ClearRecod, you can record in any noisy environment - street, train, classroom or an airplane - and still keep clear voice. In addition to Ambient Noise suppression, ClearRecord features the ability to control play-speed without modifying speakers pitch. This means that transcription users and new-language-learners can slow down and listen clearly to a fast speaker using slow-play while others can use fast-play to cut short the time required to listen to a long recording without missing any part. These unique features, combined with the ability to use AAC audio compression to save disk memory space, make ClearRecord must have for anyone interested in recording.
• Record your meetings and conversations in any noisy environment like traffic, airplane, restaurant, etc and still get clear voice.
• Quickly listen to a long lecture or speech, without missing any part, using play speed control
• Slow down the play speed to suit your comfort level, while listening to fast speakers
• Use AAC audio compression to record 1 hour recording in less than 20 MB and save disk space.
• Ambient Noise Reduction [ANR]: Suppresses ambient noise captured during recording like traffic, machine, Air-Conditioning, Airplane, public transport and many others.
• Play Speed Control: Play the recording at faster or slower pace without modifying speakers pitch.
• Supports AAC audio compression and uncompressed WAV: With AAC, 1 hour recording would consumes only 20 MB as compared to 100 MB with uncompressed WAV. Note that this data is true for a recording at 16 kHz.
• Elegant user interface and design for easy usage.
• Wi-Fi transfer recordings to a computer using a simple web-browser interface.
• Save recordings to computer through iTunes ‘File Sharing’ section with devices using iOS 4 or later
• E-mail the recordings. Note that every device has an upper limit on the size of e-mail attachment.
• Quick Record mode to start recording immediately on launch
• Standard features like pause a recording and continue later, re-name, seek, delete a recording
• Volume level indicator during recording
• Supports recording at 16 kHz and 48 kHz
Premium version vs Lite Version
‘Premium version’ allows you to enable ClearRecord noise suppression algorithm during recording.You can record with Noise Reduction and later archive or share these Noise suppressed files.
|‘Lite version’ on the other hand allows the noise suppression algorithm to be used during playback. This allows enabling or disabling the Noise-suppression algorithm and hearing the quality difference. The recordings by themselves are not Noise-Suppressed and the noise would be audible if transferred outside the device.
|This version also allows for extended play-speed of 0.5x and 1.5x apart from 0.75x and 1.25x speed.
||The play-speeds supported in this version would be limited to 0.75x and 1.25x.
Your feedback would help us improve the application features and usage in subsequent releases. Do take time to fill out a short survey here
- How does Clear Record remove the noise from my recording?
Clear record uses the Ambient Noise reduction technology that detects and differentiates the background noise from speech and suppresses only the background noise
- How does Play speed control work
Play speed controller analyzes the audio clip being played and intelligently detects the pitch period. This information is used to elongate or shorten the clip to get a slow or fast playout respectively. This feature is typically found only in professional audio editing equipment or DJ mixing consoles.
- How does AAC help me to conserve the disk space?
Using AAC audio compression you could record 1 hour recording in less than 20 MB whereas the same recording without AAC would consume 100 MB. This means you can record for 5x durations at similar disk spaces and at the same crisp clear audio quality.
- When do I use WAV format for recording?
This would be useful only if you plan to further process the recorded content
- What are the advantages of using ClearRecord during recording?
ClearRecord analyzes the ambient noise during recording and suppresses it to give you a clear speech. After recording you would get a noise-free clip which you may want to archive, transfer to a PC or e-mail to a friend.
- How and when do I use the Play-speed-control feature?
Play speed control could be used to either slow down or speed-up the recording being played out. For instance, you were learning a new language and you have difficulty to understand the recorded-content at the actual speed, then you could slow down and listen carefully. Here the slow-play comes handy. Consider another instance where you have recorded a very long recording which you want to re-listen but do not have the time to go through the entire contents. Here you could use the fast-play to quickly listen to the entire recording without missing any part.
- When do I use 48 kHz mode for recording?
Use this mode only if you are keen on either recording non speech content like nature sounds, machines etc or you are recording live music bands. For all other voice and speech recordings like lectures, memos, conversations etc use the 16 kHz mode.
- How do I use Wi-Fi sharing?
Turn on the Wi-Fi sharing button in the settings page of the application. If you have enabled Wi-Fi on your device and you are within a Wi-Fi network, you should be able to see a web-address displayed below the Wi-Fi sharing button on the app. Type this address on any web-browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, Fire Fox, Opera etc) on a computer which also has access to the same Wi-Fi network. Upon opening the page you should be able to see the list of your recording which you can then save to your computer.
- How do I transfer the recordings to iTunes?
Connect device to the computer through USB and Launch iTunes on this computer. Once iTunes detects your device, you can see the ClearRecord application in the apps tab in “File Sharing” section. You can see the list of your recordings under the ClearRecord application which you should be able to save to your computer.
- What is QuickRecord mode?
This is a very handy mode in which recording starts immediately when the application is launched. This will save time to start the recording and all you have to do to start recording is to launch the application. The previous configuration settings would be used for this recording.