Updated in May 2018 in compliance with European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Ittiam Systems Private Limited (Ittiam) is committed to respecting your right to privacy and maintaining your trust. We believe it is important that you know how we process and use the information we receive about you – from you – on the Internet.
You can visit Ittiam on the World Wide Web without revealing your personal identity or any information about yourself. Our Web servers collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, and so on. Ittiam uses this information to measure the use of our site and improve our content. By accessing our site, you are giving your unconditional consent for collection of your domain names.
In some instances, we may need information from you, such as your name, email ID, phone number and address. However, at the time of data collection through our online registration or request forms, we will let you know how we will use your personal information. You can be assured that the personal information we collect is used only by us to respond to your inquiry, process an order or allow you to access specific account information. In these cases, you will be offered an opportunity to limit access to your information. In case we do not receive any response from you to limit the access of your information, it shall be deemed that you consent for Ittiam to use your information as mentioned above.
If you register with us online, we may use this information to provide you with custom information about Ittiam’s offering in support of your business needs. A technology called cookies may be used to provide you with tailored information. A cookie is a text file, containing such information as your IP address and Operating System that a website can send to your browser. The cookie may then be stored on your hard drive to help us recognize you when you return and improve your online experience. Cookies do not contain any personal information. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Registering with any Ittiam business unit online signifies your unconditional consent to receive such cookies.
At times we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. While collecting information from you, we will let you know how we will process and use the information.
You recognize and understand that you are under no compulsion to provide your personal information, and any and all personal information you provide us is with your full consent and own volition. You also understand that Ittiam is under no obligation to verify the source through which your personal information is provided to us, and this information is deemed to be provided by you with your free consent.
Ittiam ensures the security of its information systems to protect your personal information and takes the necessary precautions to safeguard against any unauthorized access or disclosure.
Ittiam’s website may contain links to other sites, which will let you leave our site. We try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. These external sites are not under the control of Ittiam and we are not responsible for the contents of those sites, any link they contain, or any changes or updates to such sites. Ittiam is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Ittiam is providing these links to you only for your convenience and reference, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
Transfer of your information worldwide
As part of the products or services offered to you through this website, the information which you give us may be transferred to countries worldwide. For example, some of our third-party providers may be located outside of India. Where this is the case, we will seek your consent and make sure the right security measures are taken such that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
Data security precautions
When you give us your personal information, we take steps to make sure that it is secure. Non-sensitive details such as your email address are typically sent over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We would like to send you information about our products or services that may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing information [via newsletters or by any other means] from Ittiam, you may opt out at any point as set out below. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. To opt out, you can use the “unsubscribe” option in our newsletters or email us at email@example.com with your request to unsubscribe.
How long will we hold your data?
- Marketing: Once we add your data to our database, we will hold it until the time you choose to opt out or unsubscribe. If you opt out, we will delete your information and details are set out in this policy as to how to do that.
- Contracted Services: We will hold your data for 7 years or as per the terms agreed by Ittiam with its customers in line with our regulatory requirements.
Ittiam reserves the right to change, modify, or update this statement at any time and we will share any updates on this web page.
GDPR Compliance Statement
Here are some of the key ways we comply with this regulation:
We ask for your explicit consent to be contacted by us or to receive any communication from us, and explain what you are consenting to clearly, without ‘legalese’.
In the event of a data breach, we will notify affected users within 72 hours of having become aware of the breach.
Right of Access
Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
Right to be Forgotten
Users can request the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, based on which we shall erase personal data without undue delay.
We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a ‘commonly used and machine readable format’ and you have the right to transmit that data to another ‘controller’.
Privacy by Design
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures, in an effective way, in order to meet the requirements of this regulation and protect the rights of data subjects. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimization), as well as limiting the data access only to those needing to act out the processing
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files containing a small amount of information, and are stored on your computer or device’s browser or hard drive. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date. Cookies can be read as unique but not identify you as an individual or, particularly in case of registration cookies, cookies can be associated with data that does identify you.
Cookies on Our Website
Functionality Cookie: This cookie is set as part of the ShareThis social sharing widget on our site to enable sharing of content across social networks. The cookie counts clicks and shares of a page, and expires after 3 years from set-up/update.
Performance/Analytics Cookie: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. It is used to determine unique visitors to our website, and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie comes with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an added security measure. It expires after 2 years from set-up/update.
Turning Off Cookies
All modern browsers allow you to turn off cookies or stop accepting cookies. You can block or turn off our cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. For instance, in Internet Explorer, click “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and select “Block all cookies” to refuse all cookies. In Firefox, adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Please remember that by blocking our cookies, you may be unable to access parts of our website and certain functions and pages might not work as intended.
This Website and the information, tools and material contained in it (this “Site”) are not directed to, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of or located in any jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Ittiam Systems Private Limited or its wholly owned Subsidiaries (collectively “Ittiam”) to any registration or licensing requirement within such Jurisdiction.
This Site is subject to periodic update and revision. Materials should only be considered current as of the date of initial publication appearing thereon, without regard to the date on which you may access the information. Ittiam maintains the right to delete or modify information on this Site without prior notice.
Past financial performance should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance.
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Ittiam will grant a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access this site and the materials thereon.
You hereby agree and confirm that:
- Access to this site and the information contained herein is not unlawful under the applicable laws of the jurisdiction where I am resident and from where I am accessing this site.
- Access to information on the site (www.Ittiam.com) does not in any manner constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any of the securities of Ittiam Systems Private Limited.
- The information on this site is not and is under no circumstances be construed as, an advertisement or a public offering of the securities of Ittiam Systems Private Limited or any other security that may be described herein.
- No securities regulatory body or similar authority in any jurisdiction has reviewed or in any way passed upon or endorsed the information on this site or the merits of the securities that may be described herein and any representation to the contrary may be construed as an offence under applicable laws.
- I shall not circulate copies of this information in any manner (including but not restricted to photocopying and email) of the information and data on this site. I agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the contents to anyone.
You agree not to:
- Interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the site in any way.
- Intrude or attempt to intrude into the site in any way.
- Post any obscene, defamatory or annoying materials on the site.
- Obscure any materials, including this notice, already posted on the site.
- Use the site or any contents thereof to defame, intimidate, annoy or otherwise cause nuisance or breach the rights of any person.
- Ittiam authorizes to view and download the information (“Materials”) at this Web site (“Site”) only for personal, non-commercial use.
- This authorization is not a transfer of title in the Materials and copies of the Materials and is subject to the following restrictions:
- Retain, on all copies of the Materials downloaded, all copyright, trademarks and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials; consent.
- Not modify the Materials in any way nor reproduce or display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose
- Not transfer the Materials to any other person unless you give them notice of, and they agree to accept, the obligations arising under these terms and conditions of use. You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Site as it may be updated from time to time. This Site, including all Materials, is copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials. Except as expressly provided herein, Ittiam does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks, copyrights or trade secret information.
The information, material or services included in or available through this site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the site/services and to the information therein. Ittiam and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the site/services at any time. Advice received via this site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
You specifically agree that Ittiam shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through this site. You specifically agree that Ittiam is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that Ittiam is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in this site by any third party.
The foregoing are subject to the laws of the Republic of India and the courts in Bangalore, India shall have the exclusive jurisdiction on any dispute that may arise out of the use of this site.
Please proceed only if you accept all the conditions enumerated herein above, out of your free will and consent.